- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- 3 medium carrots (about 300g), peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 medium kumara (about 200g), peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 small onion, peeled & roughly chopped
- 1cm grated ginger root
- 500ml / 1 cube vegetable stock
- 1/2 tin coconut milk
- Small bunch of Coriander
- 2 tsp Alderson’s Zest Sauce
- Salt & pepper to taste
A very simple, tasty and filling soup – great any time of the week.
The natural sweetness of the carrot and kumera, and the richness of the coconut balances perfectly with Citrus in the Zest sauce. Delightful when served with some sourdough garlic bread.
Heat the oil in a medium saucepan and fry the onion for a few minutes until browned. Add the carrots, kumera, and ginger and cook for another minute.
Add stock, Zest sauce and coconut milk, turn the heat down and all to simmer for about 20 minutes until the vegetables are softened.
Blend until smooth and serve garnished with coriander and a little more Zest sauce.