- 1 cup courgette, grated - can also use broccoli, cauliflower, carrots etc or
- a mixture
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced - or 1/4 white onion finely sliced
- small handful of parsley, finely sliced
- 1/4 cup buckwheat flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 2 large free range eggs
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup whipped cream, or creme fraiche
- Lewis Road Creamery salted butter, to cook
Makes approx. 12 small fritters
*gluten free - refined sugar free - nut free
This is a favourite recipe of ours, a simple midweek meal, packed with protein and nutritious seasonal produce.
In a large mixing bowl, add grated vegetables, spring onion and herbs.
Add flour and baking powder and mix well, to coat the vegetable mixture.
Add eggs, cheese and cream and mix well.
Heat a heavy pan over a medium to high heat, add a teaspoon of butter and allow it to sizzle.
Place heaped tablespoons (around 4-5 at a time) of the mixture into the hot pan and allow them to sizzle.
When lovely and brown on the first side, gently flip the fritters and brown on the second side.
Avocado, tomato, red onion and jalapeño salsa and slices of grilled streaky bacon.