- 2 cups nuts of your choice and activated if possible (almonds, pecans, walnuts, brazil nuts, sunflower seeds or a mixture)
- 2 cups oats (or 1 cup more nuts/seeds and 1 cup coconut thread for paleo or if oats aren't tolerated)
- 12 dates (soaked 15 mins in boiling water)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil (melted)
- 1/4 cup thick coconut cream (top of the can)
- Pinch of sea salt
Place Annies Fruit Bars or Fruit Strips in a bowl and cover with boiling water.
Make the bar base in the food processor. Place base ingredients in and process on high for 1-2 minutes until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs. Put half of the mixture in a bowl and set aside.
Press the remaining half of the mixture into a greased and lined 20cmx 20cm slice tin. Place in the freezer while you prep the fruity filling.
Drain the bowl of the soaking fruit leather but do not discard the water just yet. Place in the softened, warm Fruit Bars or Fruit Strips in the food processor and blend until smooth but still quite stiff. Add a little of the soaking water to help blend if needed.
Take the base out of the freezer and spread the fruity filling over the top.
Crumble the remaining half of the base over the top of the filling.
Cover the tin and freeze for at least 30 minutes before slicing into small bars. This slice is better served chilled or even straight from frozen.