- 8 skinned, boned chicken thighs
- 200g minced pork
- 8 very thin slices prosciutto
- 4 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, finely diced
- 1 stick celery, thinly sliced
- 250g button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 Tbsp very finely chopped rosemary
- 250ml dry white wine
- 250ml beef jus
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled, diced 3cm
- 2 handfuls baby spinach leaves
- 1 1/2 cups peas
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
Lie the chicken thighs out flat, former-skin side down. Flatten each slightly with the side of a cleaver or meat hammer. Press 1/8 of the pork on top of each and roll up. Wrap a slice of prosciutto securely around each.
Heat the oil in a large frying pan and brown the uccelletti. Remove and reserve.
Add the onion, garlic, carrot, celery, mushrooms and rosemary to the pan and fry gently until the onion is soft. Put the uccelletti side by side on the vegetables. Add the wine and let it bubble for about 30 seconds.
Add the jus and potatoes, bring to the boil, cover and simmer 15-20 minutes until the uccelletti are cooked and potatoes are tender.
Remove the uccelletti from the pan, slice them in half on the diagonal and put them on a warm serving platter. Add the peas and spinach to the pan, mix well, bring back to the boil, simmer 3 minutes, taste and season. Pour everything over the uccelletti and serve.