- 8 drumsticks (skin on)
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup regular flour
- 2 pot of Tom Yum instant noodles
- 1 cup Veg oil
- Salt and Pepper
- 2 cups of plain Yoghurt
Selaks Taste Collection Pinot Gris
1. Remove the skins from the drumsticks and set aside.
2. Bring a pot of water to boil. Empty 1 sachet of Tom Yum from one of the the
noodle pots and boil.
3. Take out 2 cups of the cooked stock and set aside.
4. In the rest of the stock, poach all the chicken. Cook each batch of 4 drumsticks
for 8 mins. Once cooked set aside
5. In a bowl beat the eggs.
6. Place TWO packs of Tom Yum noodles into a bag with one end open. Try and get
all the air out. Cover the bag with a tea towel. Use a rolling pin to smash the
noodles into a crumb. Keep it slightly chunky.
7. Pour the cup of oil into a pot or pan that will cook 4 drum sticks at a time. And the
oil should go half way up the drumstick. Heat the oil and get it up to mid
8. Setup the crumbs, flour and beaten eggs in 3 separate bowls.
9. Do 4 drumsticks per batch.
10. Roll each drumstick flour, then egg and then the cereal crumb.
11. Gently lower the chicken into the medium heat oil and leave it alone for 6-7 mins.
12. Once golden brown, turn the drumstick once to the other side and do the same.
Cook for another 6-7mins.
13. Pull the cooked chicken out and set it down to drain.
14. Bring the two cups of stock that were set aside, up to the boil. Empty the
remaining sachet of Tom Yum seasoning and the two packets of dehydrated
garnish into the boiling stock. Turn off the heat and mix well.
15. Once a little cooler, mix in the two cups of yoghurt. Mix well. That’s the sauce!