- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 500g Swiss chard (silver beet) or spinach, well washed
- ½ cup fresh whole-wheat breadcrumbs
- 250g ricotta or cottage cheese
- 200g feta cheese crumbled (or gratedtasty cheddar cheese)
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 150g filo pastry sheets
Preheat the oven to 190C. Grease four individual ovenproof pie dishes or 325ml-capacity ramekins. Remove stems and main thick vein from the Swiss chard and coarsely shred the green leaves.
Place Swiss chard, garlic, breadcrumbs, ricotta, feta and eggs in the bowl of a food processor. Season well with salt and pepper and pulse to just combine. Spoon mixture into prepared dishes and press with the back of a spoon to smooth the surface.
Cut the roll of filo pastry sheets into 2cm-thick sections. Toss the sliced filo on a board to separate into ribbons. Completely cover the Swiss chard mixture in each dish with a pile of filo ribbons and spray lightly with olive oil.
Bake pies for 30-35 minutes or until the filling mixture is set and the filo pastry is golden brown.