- 2 fennel bulbs
- 4 red peppers
- handful fresh basil, chopped
- 100g soft fresh goat cheese
- 4 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt flakes and freshly ground black pepper
- 200g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 8 cloves of garlic, peeled and halved
- sprigs of basil and thyme for garnish
Selaks Berries and Cream Rose
1. Preheat oven to 200oC
2. Halve the fennel bulbs lengthways and trim them, discarding the woody cores and reserving the leafy fronds. Cut the woody heart out in a V shape. Blanch the bulb halves for 8 min in a saucepan of salted boiling water. Drain and pat dry.
3. Slice peppers in half length ways, deseed and core, leaving the stems on.
4. Place basil and goat cheese in each of the pepper halves, top with the blanched fennel bulbs and sprinkle with lots of salt & pepper.
5. Transfer stuffed peppers to a baking dish and surround with tomatoes and garlic.
6. Roast for half an hour.
7. Served garnished with basil & thyme.