Pinot noir dressing
- 3/4 cup pinot noir
- 1 1/2 Tbsps runny honey
- 1 1/2 Tbsps extra virgin olive oil
Steak and salad
- 4 x 120 g beef steaks (scotch, sirloin or eye fillet)
- knob of butter
- 4 handfuls baby rocket leaves
- 6-8 dates (preferably Medjool), chopped
- 1 large pear, cored and thinly sliced
- 50-60 g blue cheese, crumbled
- 70 g packet walnuts or whole blanched almonds,
- toasted and roughly chopped
- freshly ground black pepper
To make the dressing, boil pinot noir and honey together in a small saucepan for about 5 minutes until slightly syrupy. Whisk in olive oil to form dressing and allow to cool while cooking steak and preparing salad.
To cook the steaks, heat butter in a large frying pan and cook steaks for 2-3 minutes on each side, or until medium-rare. Season with salt and pepper while in the pan. Remove steaks and rest for 5 minutes.
To make the salad, toss all salad ingredients together, pour over the dressing and serve immediately with the steaks.