- 3 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 clove garlic crushed to a paste
- large pinch chilli flakes
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 24 French lamb cutlets, fat trimmed off
- 100 ml white wine
- 250 ml beef jus
- 4 cups frozen peas
- 1 handful rocket leaves
- 150 g creamy feta, crumbled
- 1/2 preserved lemon, finely diced
- juice of 1 lemon
- 2 Tbsp each chopped mint and
- coriander, plus extra for serving
- 100g cherry tomatoes, halved
Put the oils, turmeric, cinnamon, garlic, chilli and cumin seeds into a large bowl. Season and mix well. Add cutlets and toss gently to coat with spice mixture.
Heat a large frying pan over high heat and pan-fry cutlets 30 seconds to 1 minute on each side, depending on how thick they are. Do this in batches and remove cutlets to a dish and keep warm.
Pour the fat from the pan and place back on high heat. Add the wine, scraping the pan with a wooden spoon. Let the wine bubble for 30 seconds then add the jus. Boil until slightly syrupy, adding any juice from the cutlets.
Meanwhile, drop peas into a saucepan of boiling salted water and boil 3 minutes. Drain and crush peas coarsely. Stir rocket into hot peas so it wilts. Add feta, preserved lemon, juice, mint and coriander and mix well.
Serve cutlets on peas with sauce over the top and extra sprigs of mint and coriander, and tomatoes sprinkled over everything.