- 400 g white button or Swiss brown Meadow Mushrooms - whole
- 200 g streaky bacon - thinly sliced
- 1 cup pecans - roughly chopped
- 1 red onion - finely diced
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 Tbsp sherry or whiskey
- 2 Tbsp fresh oregano - chopped
- Salt and ground black pepper
Heat olive oil in a large fry pan over medium heat.
Add bacon to the pan and sauté until it starts to colour.
Add in red onion and pecans, sauté for 2 - 3 minutes.
Increase the heat and add in the mushrooms, stir constantly.
Lower the heat and add sherry or whiskey and fresh oregano.
Season with salt and pepper.
Remove from the heat and transfer to a bowl or platter.