- 1 smoked double chicken breast, sliced
- 300 grams green beans, stem end trimmed
- 100 grams snow peas
- ½ small telegraph cucumber, sliced on the diagonal
- 3 avocados, peeled and halved
- 1 mango, peeled and diced
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- ½ cup walnut pieces, roasted
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice or white wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey
- sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- salad leaves (optional)
This light, refreshing salad is the perfect combination of flavours and textures. Great served for lunch or a light dinner.
Cook the beans then the snow peas in boiling salted water until tender. Drain and refresh in cold water. Dry on kitchen towels.
Whisk all the ingredients together and season.
Toss the beans, snow peas and cucumber with a spoonful of the dressing and arrange on plates.
Add the mango, red onion and walnuts to the remaining dressing. Place half an avocado on each plate and put the smoked chicken in the cavity.
Spoon over the remaining dressing and serve with salad leaves if desired.