- 2 medium vine tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- 1 hot red chilli, halved, deseeded and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped coriander
- 1½ tablespoons lime juice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1½ tablespoons lemon-infused or avocado oil
- 1 perfectly ripe avocado
- 24 scallops (about 400g), trimmed and rinsed
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
Quarter tomatoes, discarding cores, and flick out seeds. Finely dice flesh then transfer to a sieve and drain for 15 minutes.
Put red onion in a bowl with chilli, coriander, lime juice, salt and avocado oil. Halve avocado, remove stone, then peel. Cut avocado flesh into tiny dice. Add to bowl along with drained tomatoes.
Pat scallops dry with paper towels, put them in a small bowl with the oil and toss until coated. Cook scallops briefly on a clean barbecue hot plate for about 45 seconds a side, until just cooked through. Alternatively, cook them in a cast iron or non-stick frying pan.
Gently toss guacamole mixture, then spoon a little onto small scallop shells or tiny dishes. Top each with a hot plump scallop and devour!