4 - 6
- 1 1/2 cups Ferron Vialone nano
- 1 cup finely diced Fontina if you can get it (or a semisoft cheese like Raclette, Harvati, Tallegio or even a double-cream Brie would work)
- 150g butter
- large handful fresh sage leaves
- 1 clove garlic, finely sliced
- 1 cup fresh, finely grated Italian parmesan
Bring a large pot of well-salted water (it should be like the water for pasta, as salty as the sea) to the boil. Add the rice and boil gently until the rice is al dente, cooked but with a little resistance to the bite. Drain well, add the Fontina and reserve.
Melt the butter in a frying pan, add the sage and garlic and fry gently until the sage leaves are crisp. The butter can brown a little but must not burn. Remove from the heat.
Serve the rice on warm plates with butter and sage leaves poured over and a good dusting of cheese. Serve immediately.