- 2 slices of Kumara sourdough
- 1 tsp Olive oil
- 2 rashers of Henderson's Middle Eye Bacon or Henderson's Streaky Bacon.
- 1 firm truss tomato
- Fresh lettuce leaves
- Saffron, dill & mustard mayonnaise by Cannon Hill Gourmet
- Micro-greens for taste and decoration
- Salt and black pepper to taste
Heat your grill to high. Lay baking paper on an oven tray and lay your bacon on the tray and place under the grill. This will grill quickly so keep checking it. Once crispy on onside turnover and repeat, watching it so it doesn't burn. Set aside on kitchen paper.
Cut 2 slices of bread and brush with olive oil and grill until golden brown.
To serve - Assemble your sandwich by placing your toasted bread on the plate, spread a spoonful or 2 of the Saffron, dill & mustard mayonnaise on the bottom side and lay the bacon on this. Add 2-3 thick slices of tomato and 3 small lettuce leaves. Add small micro-greens and salt and pepper. Finish with the last slice of bread on top and hold together with a skewer.