4 - 6 as a nibble
- 1 packet prosciutto
- 600g raw prawns, shelled, deveined, tail on (preferably jumbo or banana prawns from a specialty food store)
- 1 lemon, juice and zest
- 1 Tbsp grape seed or rice bran oil
- flaky sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped parsley
Garlic Butter Drizzling Sauce
- 50g butter
- 6 cloves NZ garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tsp fresh thyme leaves
- pinch chilli flakes
Suggested wine match - 2014 Soul by Waipara Hills Dry Riesling
From The Food Show 2015.
Preheat oven to 180°C. Lay prosciutto on a tray lined with baking paper. Cook 10-15 minutes until crispy. Cool.
Lay prawns out on paper towels to absorb excess moisture.
To make garlic sauce, melt butter in a small saucepan over low heat. Add garlic, thyme, lemon zest and chilli and cook for about 10-15 minutes until fragrant (not browned).
Add a splash of oil (I used grape seed) to another frying pan over a high heat. When hot, add prawns and sear for about 30 seconds until golden. Turn over and cook for a few seconds on the other side. Season with salt and pepper then set aside on a platter.
Drizzle with buttery sauce, sprinkle with crushed prosciutto and parsley, and serve with a squeeze of lemon.