- 1 small white fleshed onion, peeled and finely diced
- olive oil
- 80g white fish meat, diced (monkfish, snapper or hapuka)
- 50g prawn tail meat, diced
- 80ml cream
- 4 whole piquillo peppers (from a can)
- 15g grated Manchego cheese
Wine match - Durbanville Hills 2011 Pinotage. Rich fruity character fills the mouth, backed by silky tannins and raspberry and Red Cherry flavours.
Preheat oven to 200°C.
Sauté the onion in a little olive oil until just beginning to colour. Add the fish and prawns and cook gently until almost cooked through. Add 1 tablespoon cream and cook until fully reduced. Season.
Gently stuff this filling into 2 of the peppers then sit them in an ovenproof dish with their peaks facing up like upended ice-cream cones.
For the sauce, thinly slice the remaining peppers and bring to a boil with the remaining cream, then purée and pass through a sieve. Pour this sauce over the peppers and sprinkle with the grated cheese.
Bake in the oven until the cheese is crunchy.