- 1 capsicum (red or yellow) – finely diced
- 1 Red onion – peeled & finely diced
- 1 sweet corn cob – steamed, cooled & kernels removed
- 400gms market fresh fish fillets (skin off, bone out - snapper, tarakihi, gurnard, groper are all suitable) – diced into 10-15mm cubes
- 1 lime
- 30mls verjuice
- 1 red chili (med hot) – finely chopped
- 8 fresh mint leaves – roughly chopped
- 8 sprigs coriander – roughly chopped
- 1 punnet mixed micro greens
- 100gms pomegranate seeds
- 30mls avocado oil (optional)
- flakey sea salt, freshly cracked pepper
- corn chips or crispy fried tortilla crisps (optional)
Montford Estate 2020 Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc
- Add the capsicum, red onion, mint, coriander & corn into a medium mixing bowl
- In another medium mixing bowl, zest ¼ of the lime then squeeze in the juice, add the verjuice, chilli & allow to steep for 5 minutes. Add the Tarakihi & mix to dress all the cubes, season to taste
- Now mix the dressed Tarakihi with the vegetables & herbs, check the seasoning
- Serve by dividing into 4 even portions onto plates or it can be served onto a sharing platter.
- Finish by garnishing the top with pomegranate seeds, micro greens & dressed with the avocado oil. Serve with a side of corn chips or crispy fried tortillas as they can be used to scoop up the ceviche.
Note: serve the ceviche as quickly as possible as the acid in the lime will start to “cook” the protein of the fish (change the texture of the fish).