2 x 425ml tins cannellini beans*
- ½ can Antica Napoli whole peeled tomatoes*
- 300g De Cecco Pasta Mista or Tubetti or Cavatappi pasta*
- 2 tbsps De Cecco extra virgin olive oil*
- 150g pancetta* cut into strips
- ½ tsp chilli flakes*
- 100g 2cm cubed celery
- 3 cloves of garlic
- ¼ cup chopped Italian parsley
*Available from Mediterranean Foods
In a large pot pour 2 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil and add the garlic the pancetta, the chilli and the celery. Fry gently for 5 minutes.
Add the drained whole peeled tomatoes, cook for a couple of minutes, then add the drained and rinsed cannellini beans.
Add 6/7 cups of vegetable stock or just water and bring to the simmer and cook for 15 minutes.
Season with salt and add the pasta and the fresh parsley. Keep cooking and stirring until the pasta is ‘al dente’ making sure it doesn't stick to the bottom.
“Pasta e fasul “ should be quite thick. Serve after 5 minutes rest with a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil on top.