- I kg snapper/ hapuka/ kahawai fillets, diced
- Juice and zest of 6 limes
- Sea salt and black pepper
- 2 mangoes, diced (can be slightly firm to squeeze)
- 2 punnets cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 small red chilli, minced
- 1 cucumber, mostly peeled, seeded, diced
- 1 bunch spring onions, minced
- 3 cups coconut cream
- 1/2 bunch mint leaves, shredded
- 1 cup grated fresh coconut
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 1 tsp chilli powder
Combine the diced fish with lime juice and season with salt and pepper. Leave to stand for 10 minutes.
Add the mango, cherry tomatoes, minced chilli, cucumber, spring onions and coconut cream to fish. Lastly add mint and season as needed. Chill.
In a separate bowl, mix the grated fresh coconut with the curry powder, chilli powder, salt and pepper. Toast lightly.
Garnish the raw fish with the curry toasted coconut lime zest.
Wine match, 2015 Waipara Hills Waipara Valley Riesling
With bold flavours and richness, this Riesling is a winner this season.
The Tahitian lime flavours and crisp finish of the Waipara Hills Riesling will be a delicious match with the coconut curry flavours in this dish.