- 400g Meadow Mushrooms - sliced
- 500g Kaipara Kumara - peeled & diced
- 2 tsp garlic - crushed
- 1 onion - chopped
- 1 carrot - peeled and diced
- 400g can crushed tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 3 Tbsp flour
- 6 Tbsp tomato puree
- 1 L chicken stock
- 1 bayleaf
- 100ml cream
- ½ cup Chive - finely chopped
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
Heat butter in a large saucepan, add in onion, garlic and carrot and sauté for 5 minutes.
Add in mushrooms and sauté for 5-10 minutes. Season with salt and ground black pepper.
Add in flour and cook over low heat stirring regularly for 2 minutes. Add in tomato puree and mix well.
Gradually add in chicken stock, stirring well after each addition. Add in crushed tomatoes, kumara and bay leaf.
Simmer for 40-45 minutes, remove from heat and allow to cool.
Puree soup in a food processor or with a stick blender.
Re-heat gently, check seasoning and stir though chopped chives and cream to serve.