- 3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4 free range chicken drumsticks
- 6 Mahy Farms free range chicken thighs
- Iblea sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp Julie Le Clerc Harissa
- 2 Tbsp J. Friend & Co. Beechwood honey
- 530g jar Sabato cherry tomatoes in juice
- 4 whole quarters Julie Le Clerc preserved lemon, chopped
- 1 cup green olives
- ¼ cup fresh coriander leaves
- ¼ cup torn fresh mint leaves
Season chicken with salt and pepper.
Heat base of a tagine (or a casserole dish), add olive oil and brown chicken pieces for 1-2 minutes on each side.
Spread harissa over chicken and drizzle with honey. Pour over cherry tomatoes and juice and scatter over preserved lemon. Cover and simmer very gently for 60-75 minutes, adding olives half way through, until chicken tests cooked when a sharp knife is inserted to the bone and the juices run clear.
Serve scattered with coriander and mint.