- Fresh, clean rose petals, to decorate plates
- Equagold Hazelnut Praline Candy, to decorate plates
- 1 cup (200g) Equagold Organic Raw Vanilla Sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 tsp Equagold Himalayan Pink Salt
- 1 tsp Equagold Vanilla & Cardamom extract
- 1 cup (250ml) grapeseed oil
- 3/4 cup (180ml) milk
- 1 cup (150g) plain flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 cups (140g) desiccated coconut
- 1 cup (250mls) Equagold Tahitian Vanilla Syrup
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 Tbsp Equagold Rosewater
Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease a 17cm x 27cm cake tin and line with baking paper, leaving an overhang on all sides.
To make cake, place sugar, eggs, salt, extract, oil and milk in a large bowl and whisk until combined. Sift in flour and baking powder and stir to just combine. Stir in coconut. Pour batter into prepared tin and smooth the surface. Bake for 45 minutes or until golden brown and a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
To make vanilla-rose syrup, stir lemon juice and rosewater into Equagold Vanilla Syrup.
Remove cake from oven. Immediately pour cold vanilla-rose syrup evenly over the hot cake. Set aside to cool in the tin.
Cut cake into squares. Serve squares topped with rose petals. Decorate plates with an extra drizzle of syrup and a scattering of Hazelnut Praline Candy.