5 - 8 pieces
- 500gms chicken thighs, bone in 1 tablespoon oil
- 5 whole cloves
- 3 whole green cardamom pods
- 1/4 cinnamon stick, broken
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh green chilli, minced
- 1 1/4 teaspoons fresh ginger, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 2 pinches of red orange tandoori colour
- 1 tablespoon fresh coriander, chopped
- 1 small lemon, quartered lengthways
Montford Estate 2020 Marlborough Pinot Gris
Although this is a fried dish with no gravy, it is a spicy and a flavourful side dish that can be easily made and is incredibly tasty. Perfect for the frypan in winter or on the BBQ in summer.
Trim off any excess fat, wash and pat dry chicken. Cut each thigh in half. In a large non-stick frypan, heat oil on a medium heat and add cloves, cardamom, and cinnamon for 30 seconds or until darkened.
Add chilli, ginger, garlic, salt, garam masala, turmeric and tandoori colour. Stir paste to infuse masala.
Add chicken pieces and stir to combine with masala. Cover and simmer on a low-medium heat for 7 minutes each side or until chicken is cooked through. Garnish with coriander and lemon juice. Serve hot or cold.