- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 200g onions, finely chopped
- 500g buttercup pumpkin, peeled and chopped
- 2 Tbsp Simon Gault Home Cuisine Indian seasoning
- 600ml Simon Gault Home Cuisine vegetable stock
- 150ml fresh cream
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 50g crème fraîche
- 2 Tbsp parsley, chopped
- 1 crusty French stick
In a solid-bottomed pot, pour the oil and heat until it begins to shimmer, add the onions and cook until translucent. Add the pumpkin and cook for a further 3 minutes then add the Simon Gault Home Cuisine Indian seasoning and Simon Gault Home Cuisine vegetable stock. Bring to a simmer and simmer for 15 minutes or until the pumpkin is nice and soft.
Remove from the heat and blend with a stick blender until smooth. Return to the heat, add the cream and bring to the boil. Adjust seasoning with the salt and pepper and serve with crème fraîche, parsley and crusty bread.