- 2 butternut medium squash, halved lengthwise, seeded
- 2 tbs vegetable oil
- 2 cups thinly sliced onion
- 1 tbs golden brown sugar
- 1 tbs Just Fresh Ginger Juice
- 2 garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
- Pinch of cinnamon
- 5 cups (or more) canned low-salt chicken broth
The delicious butternut soup is made with Just Real Squeezed Ginger Juice
Preheat oven to 190°C. Oil a baking sheet. Place squash, cut side down, on baking sheet. Bake until squash is very soft, about 50 minutes. Remove peel from squash. Cut squash into small pieces.
Heat oil in heavy large pot over medium-low heat. Mix in other ingredients. Cover pot and cook until onion is tender.
Add squash and 5 cups of chicken broth. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium-low. Cover and simmer 10 minutes. Discard cinnamon.
Working in batches, purée soup in blender and return to pot. Season soup with salt and pepper. Bring to simmer, ladle into bowls. Sprinkle with parsley and serve.