- 1/2 roast chicken, cooked and cooled (or use leftovers)
- 500g dried fettuccine
- 1 tsp finely chopped rosemary
- 1/3 cup craisins (dried cranberries) or sultanas, soaked in warm water for 15 minutes
- 1/3 cup pine nuts, lightly toasted in a dry frying pan
- 1 orange or lemon, squeezed juice only
- 2-3 Tbsp chopped parsley leaves
Imagine roast chicken in a bowl with silky pasta - this is so good!
Take the cooked chicken out of the oven, leave to cool at least 20 minutes before taking the meat and skin off the bone, then cut into small pieces with a knife.
Cook pasta according to packet directions.
For the sauce, pour approximately 1 cup of the roast chicken juices from the roasting pan into a small saucepan. Add rosemary, drained craisins, pine nuts and juice of lemon or orange.
Drain pasta into a serving bowl, add sauce and chicken and fresh parsley.
Tips - Season with salt and milled pepper. If you like a little more lemon, simply squeeze a little more and toss before serving onto warmed plates.