- 2 cups self-raising flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups EasiYo plain natural yoghurt
- 4 SPCA Blue Tick free-range eggs
- 2 cups corn kernels (fresh, drained from can, or thawed from frozen)
- 100g feta cheese, crumbed
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Olive oil
- SPCA Blue Tick free-range bacon, grilled to serve
- Rocket leaves, to serve
- Julie Le Clerc Moroccan Chutney, to serve
Sift flour and baking soda into a bowl and make a well in the centre. Pour yoghurt and then break the eggs into the well. Add corn, feta and sage and stir to combine into a batter. Season well with salt and pepper and stir to combine.
Heat a little oil in a nonstick frying pan and fry large spoonfuls of the batter in batches for 3 to 4 minutes over a medium heat until browned. Turn over and brown the other side of each pancake for 2 to 3 minutes. Remove completed pancakes to drain on paper towels. You should have 12 fritters.
Stack up 3 fritters per serving, placing some bacon and rocket between each layer. Serve with Moroccan Chutney on the side.
Tip - Fritters can be made in advance (even the day before) and then reheated. To reheat, spread out in a single layer on oven trays and place in an oven heated to 180°C for 10 minutes.