250g San Remo Pulse Pasta Penne
4 large red capsicums, cut in half
2 garlic cloves, sliced
1 red birdseye chilli, sliced
1 tbsp almond butter
1/2 cup almond milk
1 tbsp cornflour
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
Salt & pepper
Toasted pine nuts, to serve
Torn basil leaves, to serve
- Place the halved capsicums onto a tray that has been lined with foil and place under a hot grill until the skin is blackened.
- Once the skin is fully blackened, place the capsicums into a bowl and cover with glad wrap - this allows the capsicums to steam and helps the skin tear away - and allow capsicums to cool.
- Bring a pot of salted water to the boil and cook pasta as per packet directions.
- While the pasta is cooking, peel the skin off the capsicums and place them in a food processor with the garlic, chilli, almond milk, cornflour, oil and salt and pepper.
- Blitz the mixture until smooth, then place into a fry pan and cook for around 3-5 minutes to cook out the flour.
- Once the pasta is cooked, toss the pasta through the sauce.
- To finish, top with some toasted pine nuts, extra virgin olive oil and some torn basil leaves.