• 250gm (approximately 16-20) large peeled and de-veined raw prawns
• 1 Tbsp olive oil
• Salt to taste
• Fresh ground black pepper
• 1 Capsicum (red, orange or yellow), sliced
• 1 large garlic clove, minced
• 1/2 cup Crème fraîche (or regular cream)
• 2 Tbsp Alderson’s Chipotle Sauce (add more to taste)
• 1 small handful fresh coriander, chopped roughly
• 2 Spring onions, thinly sliced
• 1 lime
• Cooked rice to serve.
Pat the shrimp dry with a paper towel then place them into a bowl. Sprinkle with salt and the black pepper. Set aside.
Heat olive oil in a large skillet over a medium-high heat, add the garlic and capsicum, stirring often until the peppers are soft and begin to brown.
Cook the shrimp one minute each side. Add the crème and Alderson’s Chipotle, stir quickly to combine. Lower the heat to low-medium, stirring the sauce often, it will begin to thicken.
Cook only about 2-3 minutes until thick and warmed through.
Turn off the heat and add in half of the coriander and spring onion, stir to combine.
Serve over rice and garnish with the remaining coriander and spring onion, squeeze the lime over top to finish.