- 400g Cloudy Bay clams
- 60g jambon ham or prosciutto
- 1 medium red chilli, finely sliced
- 2 Tbsp olive oil for sautéing
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 Tbsp finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 glass white wine
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Heat a pan to medium-high heat. Throw in clams, ham and chilli. Stir briefly then add garlic, parsley, wine, salt and pepper. Place a lid on the clams for a few minutes.
Once the clams are steamed open, place in a terra cotta pot and serve with crusty bread.