- 2 L Simon Gault Home Cuisine vegetable stock
- 400g cauliflower, stalks removed, cut into small florets
- 3 cups Simon Gault Home Cuisine vegetable stock
- 1 cup Puy lentils
- 60ml coconut, vegetable or canola oil, whichever you prefer
- 1 cup Horopito Black Pepper Sauce (recipe: click here)
- 2 fresh red chillies, seeds removed, finely sliced
- 1 small bunch coriander, roughly chopped
- 1 small bunch flat-leaf parsley, roughly chopped
In a medium pot bring 2L of Simon Gault Home Cuisine vegetable stock to the boil. Add cauliflower to pot and cook until just cooked, approximately 6-8 minutes. Drain stock off and set cauliflower aside.
In medium pot add 3 cups of Simon Gault Home Cuisine vegetable stock and Puy lentils. Bring to the boil with a lid on the pot and cook for 18-20 minutes, until just soft. Drain well and set aside.
In a large non-stick frying pan heat the oil over a high heat until it shimmers. Add the cauliflower and cook until it starts to turn a nice golden colour, approximately 5-7 minutes. Add the cooked lentils and Horopito Black Pepper Sauce and cook for a further 2 minutes until combined and hot.
Serve immediately as a side dish or on a serving platter and garnish with fresh chilli, coriander and parsley.