- 1 cup quinoa / brown rice / bulgar wheat / millet
- 2 cups water
- 1 bunch spring carrots, julienned
- 1 bunch spring onions, finely chopped / 1 red onion, diced
- 2x 400g cans of chickpeas / butter beans / black beans, drain and rinse 1⁄2 cup raisins / cranberries
- 1⁄2 cup pumpkin seeds / sunflower seeds / almonds, toasted
- Handful of any herb, roughly chopped
- Good handful of fresh Rocket / spinach / kale
- 1/3 cup olive oil / avocado oil
- 1⁄2 tsp ground cumin / ground coriander
- 1⁄2 tbsp apple cider vinegar / white wine vinegar 1 tsp J Friend & Co. Kamahi Honey
- Pinch of sea salt
- Pinch chilli flakes
Add the quinoa + water to a saucepan. Bring to the boil then reduce to a simmer and cook for 7mins. Remove from heat and allow any remaining water to be absorbed.
Add all salad ingredients to a large bowl. Toss to combine.
In a separate bowl, mix all dressing ingredients together. Pour over the salad and toss gently to combine.
Serve at room temperature.
Recipe created by Two Raw Sisters