40 - 55 minutes
- 1 cup purple corn flour
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder (GF)
- 1 tsp baking soda pinch of himalayan salt
- 3/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup dessicated coconut
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 1/2 cups grated carrot
- 450g tin crushed pineapple, drained
- 5 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 3 large organic eggs
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (to decorate)
- 1/2 cup dried apricots chopped (to decorate)
- a handful of coconut thread (to decorate)
- 180g cream cheese
- 50g organic butter, softened
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 2 tsp lucuma powder
Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
Mix all dry ingredients together, making sure there are no lumps.
Add all wet ingredients, then add in the carrot and mix well.
Pour into greased and lined 20cm round tin.
Bake at 170-180 C for 40-55 minutes.
For the icing, beat the cream cheese and butter for 2 minutes or until well combined.
Using a mortar and pestle, grind the coconut sugar into a fine powder. Add to icing mix and beat until well combined, the icing should become a light caramel colour. Add lucuma powder and mix well.
Place the cake onto a cake tray and top with the icing. Once the cake is iced sprinkle the walnuts, apricots and coconut thread over the top.
Store the cake in the fridge to ensure the icing doesn't melt.