- 4 organic eggs
- 400g waxy potatoes like Jersey Benne, Draga or Red Desirée
- 40g bottled quindillo peppers
- 1 red onion (about 80g)
- 80g black Spanish olives
- 8 Ortiz anchovies
- 116g tin Albo octopus in oil
- handful Italian parsley, leaves pulled off
- 4 Tbsp Peta Mathias olive oil
- 2 Tbsp white wine vinegar
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- smoked paprika, to serve
Suggested wine match - 2013 Waipara Hills Waipara Chardonnay
Place eggs in cold water, bring to the boil and cook for 5 minutes. Leave to cool then peel and quarter.
Peel potatoes, place in cold salted water. Bring to the boil then simmer until just cooked through. Slice.
Slice quindillo peppers thickly on the cross. Slice red onion finely. Pitt black olives and leave whole.
Drain the anchovies and use the oil to contribute to the 4 Tbsp of oil you need for the dressing.
Make the dressing by whisking together the oil, vinegar, salt and pepper to taste.
With your hands, gently toss all the ingredients together with the dressing and serve up on flat plates.
Sprinkle with paprika.