- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 finely chopped onion
- 2 finely chopped garlic cloves
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 cup Arborio rice
- 375ml fish stock or water
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 185g can tuna in spring water, drained
- 250g seafood marinara mix
- freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 2 Tbsp finely chopped fresh parsley
- 2 Tbsp finely chopped fresh basil
- fresh lemon, for garnish
Preheat oven to 160°C. Heat a 3L (12 cup) capacity ovenproof dish (with a lid) over a medium heat.
Add the olive oil, onion, garlic and sea salt. Stir for 5 minutes on a low heat, or until the onion is soft and translucent. Add the lemon zest.
Add the rice to the dish and stir for another minute. Add the stock or water and the chopped tomatoes and bring to simmering point.
Stir in the tuna and marinara mix and season with black pepper. Cover the dish and bake the risotto for 30 minutes, or until the rice is cooked.
Scatter baby spinach and parsley/basil over the top, gently blend the spinach through the mix and sprinkle with parsley. Cover again and leave for 1 minute so the spinach wilts slightly, and serve in the dish.
Cook's Tip - A squeeze of lemon over the dish is perfect just before serving.