- 2 sticks celery, julienned
- 1 fennel bulb, finely sliced
- handful of salad leaves like mache (lamb's lettuce)
- good handful gourmet mushrooms like girolles, shiitaki or golden needle
- juice and zest of 1 lemon
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 100g finely shaved parmesan
- 12 hazelnuts, roughly chopped
- 2 Tbsp flat-leaf parsley, torn apart
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp cream
Suggested wine match - 2013 Waipara Hills Waipara Pinot Gris
Toss the celery, fennel, mache, mushrooms, lemon juice and zest, salt and pepper, parmesan, hazelnuts and parsley gently together in the olive oil.
Divide the salad up onto four dinner plates and drizzle very lightly with a little cream.