- 1 medium red onion, diced 1cm
- 400g Agria or other floury potatoes, peeled, diced 2cm
- 200g carrots, diced 1cm
- 200g zucchini, diced 2cm
- 100g green beans, stalk end cut off, sliced 1cm
- 3 leaves curly kale, pulled off the stalk, boiled for 5 minutes, cooled under cold water, squeezed dry, sliced 1cm thick
- zest of 1 lemon
- large handful parsley leaves
- 2 large cloves garlic, chopped
- 6 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 75g freshly grated parmesan cheese
Put the onion, potatoes, carrots, zucchini and beans into a saucepan and cover with hot water by 3cm. Bring to the boil and simmer 15 minutes, or until the potatoes are collapsing.
Add the kale, tease out any lumps and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. This is the soup.
Put lemon zest, parsley, garlic and oil into a small food processor and process until you have a coarse purée. This is the dressing. Taste and season.
Serve soup with a generous drizzle of dressing and a sprinkling of parmesan.
Wine match: 2016 Waipara Hills Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc
Aromas: Melon, snow pea and a touch of tropical fruit.
Palate: Rich ripe fruit flavours with a bright refreshing finish.
The Waipara Hills Sauvignon Blanc will complement the fresh green ingredients in the soup, and the acidity will cut through the olive oil and parsley dressing.