- 8 whole slipper lobster, cut in half lengthways, washed and cleaned
- Horopito Black Pepper Sauce (recipe follows)
- 1L coconut oil, for deep frying
- 4 shallots, finely sliced
- 2 Tbsp cornflour
- 3 medium spring onions, finely sliced
- 1 bunch coriander, roughly chopped
In a small pot heat coconut oil to 160°C. Coat the sliced shallots with cornflour, then fry in the hot oil for 2-3 minutes or until crispy. Remove with a slotted spoon onto a paper towel and set aside for garnishing later.
Preheat the oven to 185°C. Place the slipper lobster halves, shells intact, in a medium bowl with 1 cup of the Horopito Black Pepper Sauce and mix well. Place the marinated lobster halves on an oven tray and roast for 7-10 minutes.
Serve lobster halves on a large platter and spoon the remaining Horopito Black Pepper Sauce over the top. Garnish with spring onion, coriander and crispy shallots. Great as a nibble or accompanied by steamed rice and green vegetables.