- 100g tofu, cut in bite-size chunks
- 1 tsp tamari or soy sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 2 cups cooked brown rice or barley
- 1 cup edamame beans
- 1 head bok choy
- handful of kale or spinach leaves, stems removed
- ¼ cup coriander leaves
Soy Sesame Dressing
- ½ long red chilli, deseeded, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp neutral oil
- 1 tbsp lime or lemon juice
- 1½ tsp miso
- 1½ tsp soy sauce
- 1½ tsp rice vinegar
- 1 tsp black sesame seeds
- ½ tsp sesame oil
- ½ tsp finely grated fresh ginger
To make Soy Sesame Dressing, place all ingredients in a small jar and shake to combine.
Toss tofu in tamari or soy sauce, allowing to marinate overnight if desired. Heat sesame oil in a frypan and fry tofu until golden. Set aside to cool.
Spoon dressing into the base of a medium-large jar or bowl or, if serving 2, divide between 2 medium jars or bowls. Layer in rice or barley then edamame and tofu. Shred boy choy (including stalk) and kale or spinach finely and, if using kale, work it between your fingers a little to break up the fibres and soften. Add to salad along with coriander. If using bowls, toss gently before serving. If making in jars, screw on lids and, when ready to eat, invert into bowls and toss gently.